Credit cards: comparison
25 septembre 2020
The credit card comparison includes more than 150 credit cards. In addition, the comparison has the most accurate figures available and takes into account all costs incurred and all relevant services. Therefore, it is the most comprehensive comparison in Switzerland.
The following cost factors are taken into account, among others: the various annual fees for the first and subsequent years, any credit balances in the form of cash back or bonus points, loading charges, discounts, fees for cash withdrawals, processing fees for payments in foreign currencies and for exchange rate fluctuations.
Credit cards: additional services tested
We analyses each credit card continuously, taking into account more than 50 additional features and services such as bonus points and insurance. On the results page, all cards can be selected according to their range of services and classified according to their properties.
Current appearance: Select the selection criteria Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Swatch Pay, Garmin Pay or Fitbit Pay under « Specialist Services » on the results page, so that all Swiss cards with the relevant payment methods are displayed.
Credit cards: customer satisfaction
Credit cards are regularly evaluated in representative surveys, taking into account the degree of customer satisfaction. This includes general customer satisfaction, friendliness of employees, clarity of customer information and help with card problems.
Credit Card Forum
Share your experiences with other users and ask our experts. Continue to the credit card forum
Credit cards: what should I pay attention to?
- Many credit cards are available in both Visa and Mastercard formats. However, the choice of card brand has no influence on the level of costs in the case of Visa or Mastercard.
- If you are interested in a particular card brand, card type, bonus programs or other services such as insurance, you can use the selection functions on the results page to find out more.
- Partial payment option: If you wish to use the partial payment options, select the corresponding selection criterion on the credit card results page . Please note that partial payments are expensive.
- Spending limit: the maximum monthly limit for credit card spending can be viewed on the results page. Please note that it is at the discretion of the service provider to grant you the requested spending limit. This aspect will be clarified as part of the creditworthiness check of the person submitting the request.
- For cash withdrawals at home and abroad, credit cards are significantly more expensive than debit cards. To withdraw cash, therefore, use a debit card instead.
- No credit card is completely free. You can find more information about free credit cards here.
Credit Cards News
Credit cards: level of satisfaction in 2019
Credit Cards: Brands in Comparison
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club.
Types of credit cards in comparison
Standard (often also called Silver or Classic), Gold, Platinum and Prepaid.
Credit cards: the issuers included in the comparison
Swisscard AECS, BonusCard, Cornèrcard (Cornèr Banca), Diners (Cornèrcard), Cembra Money Bank, PostFinance, SIX, Swiss Bankers, TopCard, Viseca, UBS.
Credit cards: service providers taken into account
Aargauische Kantonalbank (AKB), Air France-KLM, ACS, BancaStato, Banque Cler, Basler Kantonalbank (BKB), Berner Kantonalbank (BCBE), BonusCard.ch, Cornèrcard, Credit Suisse, Cembra Money Bank, Migros Bank, Neue Aargauer Bank, PostFinance, Raiffeisen, St. Gallen, St. Gallen, St. Gallen, St. Gallen, St. Gallen, St. Gallen, St. Gallen, St. Gallen, St. Gallen. Galler Kantonalbank (SGKB), Swisscard AECS, TCS, Thurgauer Kantonalbank, Swiss Bankers, Swissquote, TopCard Service, UBS, Valiant Bank, Viseca, Banque Cantonale Vaudoise (BCV), Zürcher Kantonalbank (ZKB).